Interior Basement Waterproofing
Here is the procedure for interior basement waterproofing.
Sump Pump and Battery Back Up System
- Determine a drainage point and examine existing sump pump pit. Determine if a new sump pump is required.
- Concrete is broken out along the wall to expose the footing.
- A trench is formed beside the footing in order to install your interior tile.
- Holes are drilled in the base of the wall to release water accumulation.
- Membrane is installed over the area of the wall to capture leakage.
- A bead of sealant is used at all vertical joints and at the ends to stop any leakage.
- The membrane overlaps the footing to provide access to the tile.
- The tile is then covered with a layer of 3/4 clear stone leaving enough room for approx 3 inches of concrete.
- A smooth layer of concrete is then put over the stone to refinish your floor.